S.C. College Soccer Programs
How do I get recruited? ...
In soccer, YOU have to market yourself if you want to be seen by collegiate programs.
- You must be a good student-athlete with character, be coachable, and have personal accountability
- Be realistic about your ability as a player - there is a level for all serious players!
- Contact the coach via online questionnaire and email and let them know your interest
- Attend College Showcase/ID event on their campus
- Visit campus and schedule time to meet with the coach
- You have to be willing to market yourself and get yourself in front of your target audience - the college coaches!
One of the most unfortunate things I see when identifying youth players is the girl (player) who is told over the years how great she is. By the time she's a high school freshman, she starts believing it. By her senior year, she's fizzled out. Then there's her counterpart - a girl waiting in the wings, who quietly and with determination decides she's going to make something of herself. Invariably, this humble, hardworking girl is the one who becomes the real player.
- Anson Dorrance
Steps to Being Recruited
- Initial Letters & Player Questionnaires
- Register with NCAA Eligibility Center - Transcripts, $80 registration fee
- Preliminary Evaluations - camps, club, HS, ID/Showcase events
- Visits, Calls & In-person evaluations
- Extend Verbal Offers
- Sign Athletes